Friday, November 20, 2020

MEET OUR NEWEST CONTRIBUTING AUTHOR

WELCOME OUR NEWEST CONTRIBUTING  COLUMNIST 
PAUL CLAYTON


About Paul Clayton
Paul Clayton is the author of a three-book historical series on the Spanish Conquest of the Floridas-- Calling Crow, Flight of the Crow, and Calling Crow Nation (Putnam/Berkley), and a novel, Carl Melcher Goes to Vietnam (St. Martin's Press), based on his own experiences in that war.



A BEAUTIFUL SPLEEN 

(‘mind’ and ‘heart’ were already taken): 

Shaped like a fist clenched in anger, and hidden under the rib cage behind a DO NOT DISTURB sign, the spleen is unknown to most and misunderstood by many, just like this writer.

 Dear readers, this is my debut, my introduction to you. My BLOG! Not since SPASMODIC, has a word so captured my imagination. It conjures up a myriad of visions.

 How about high-tech, laser-light sword fighting with a sequel and prequel possibilities up the ying-yang…

 “Golb, (that’s blog spelled backwards), we can beat the Frumptonians, but only if you lead us!”

“I can’t,” Golb groaned. “That drek you served last night… My insides are full of gas and feel like they’re going to explode.”

“That’s not gas, lad!  That’s the force. Embrace it and we will win!”

 Or maybe mud-splattered medieval-like planets in the future, all with floggings, gruel, pipe-organ fugues, bulging bodices, and lots of ale consumed in noisy but warm thatch-roofed public houses…

 In the heart of the old city, Blog, the Cyclopean jail keeper with a face like a sheep’s nether parts shuffled from cell to cell, his keys jangling merrily, sending the rats scurrying for the darkest corners. “Step up, yeh laggards. Come get yer slops. I’ll not be comin’ round again.”

 Or perhaps speculative fiction possibilities, a techno-hip Rap score, aircars floating above and over the chaotic, junk-strewn slummy city streets…

 Below, inside the disco, Blog’s pastel blue leisure suit seemed shrink-wrapped around his gym-toned body as he undulated seductively under the strobe lights to the thumping bass; all the while, his scowling Siberian posse kept the growing mob of excited women an arm’s length away from him.

 Or some old black and white movie noire...

 The two men sat at a table under a solitary bare bulb. Two others, their faces indistinct, hovered in the dark a few feet away.

“Zigaretten?”

“Ja.”

Brattenworst extended the swastika-engraved lighter and with a quick flick, lit Blog O’Vich’s cigarette.

“Danka,” said Blog O’Vich, exhaling a grey plume. “Turkish?”

“Ja. Listen, comrade. Za blogging vill stop ven you decide to talk!”

“Nie!” (that is German for never.)

 Or even 21st-century romance...

 “Baby, when I look into your eyes like this when your gasmask is off, I want to blog. You know what I’m sayin’? You’ve blogged before, haven’t you?”

 I blog, you blog, heshe blogs, it blogs, they blog… I do not know how long I will be able to do this; I am not as young as I once was. They say that only a fresh, still-warm blog will attract readers. People take a quick sniff and if it’s old, just move on. I will try to get my hand in as much as I can. Funny, just when I began this, I saw a post on FacePage saying that blogging was just a bunch of old boring people ranting about their boring lives. So, I should fit in. But I will do more than that. And in these hyper-political times, I will tread gently and humanely between truth and bafflegab so that I do not offend. For if I do, sales of my books will plummet from their current oxygen-thin peak of 5 or so a month, down to 1 or 2.

 So, here we are. Some blogs are quite marvelous, green type on orange backgrounds, orange on green, big words and little, vitriol with spittle, sagacity, screed, and recipes you’ll need, all of it flowing onto that never-ending page that spools down and down like a great roll of toilet paper--two-ply, of course. My blog will be a straight talk from the people, Vox pop… you know, the thing, from the street, from the outhouse walls, from the heart (I mean, the spleen), via the arthritic fingers. It will be unique and fascinating, just like the 2.1 billion other blogs out there.

 I will discuss authoring, the publishing biz (commercial and gratuitous, aka Indie), popular fiction--except when I'm discussing my own books--the natural world, ancient aliens, the Age of Discovery, the four phases of traditional marriage--1. the Honeymoon, 2. Not-tonight-Honey, 3. the Cold War, and 4. Divorce --and, if I am rushed for time, Speed Dating, with occasional side forays into music and movies. I might even throw in a poem I have written or perhaps share a culinary creation—ask me about my Whiskey Spaghetti Sauce.

 Well, there it is, a great, big, beautiful blog. And I have just stepped into it.

 Stay tuned

 Paul Clayton’s latest, prophetic work, CrossingOver, tells the story of the 2nd American civil war.










"Yet, while denial might placate those who do not prefer to confront unpleasant facts, truth does not mold itself to the wishes and desires of the willfully ignorant." Unknown  


Those Who Don't Know The True Value Of Loyalty Can Never Appreciate The Cost Of Betrayal.


GUEST POSTING: WOULD YOU LIKE TO BE PUBLISHED ... DO YOU HAVE SOMETHING ON YOUR MIND?



Knowledge Is Power - Information Is Liberating: The LIBERTY TREE & FRIENDS is a non-profit blog dedicated to bringing as much truth as possible to the readers.
Big Tech has greatly reduced the distribution of our stories in our readers' newsfeeds and is instead promoting mainstream media sources. When you share with your friends, however, you greatly help distribute our content. Please take a moment and consider sharing this article with your friends and family. Thank you



Please share… Like many other fact-oriented bloggers, we've been exiled from Facebook as well as other "mainstream" social sites. 

We will continue to search for alternative sites, some of which have already been compromised, in order to deliver our message and urge all of those who want facts, not spin and/or censorship, to do so as well.



Keep on seeking the truth, rally your friends and family and expose as much corruption as you can… every little bit helps add pressure on the powers that are no more.

No comments:

Post a Comment